Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mission Statement

As spring arrives and the world around us should be turning green with new life, what I see disturbs me. The snow melts to reveal not the fresh start that is associated with spring but rather a world covered in trash. I see everything from fast food bags and plastic bottles to tires and small appliances. Growing up in the country where it was understood that a healthy environment is needed to sustain life I was never exposed to such disregard for the world we live in. The apathy in regard to our only home both angers and disgusts me. As a direct result of these feelings I have decided to start this blog in the hope of raising awareness to our current plight. The intent is to grow interest in volunteering to clean up our mess as well as educating people about the impact they have on the environment and how to reduce that impact. This blog will be a place for like minded people to state their concerns and form groups to help clean our world. All comments are welcome but profanity will result in banning. This is my first blog so bear with me while I learn. I look forward to hearing from you. Maybe together, we can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment